Thursday, February 24, 2011

Time Outs and Tantrums

We moved to a new daycare recently up in the Renton Highlands and it is a SAHM who watches both Ellis and Stella. Well Stella has recently been into throwing tantrums and full-on fits when she doesn't get her way. Me, being the softy mom that I am, won't do anything about it but ignore it, but one day I got to daycare and Laura told me she had to put Stella in a time out for pushing (yes I am raising a bully). Well, to keep it consistent I decided to try time-outs at home and see what would happen. And I just have to say it has been SO funny to see Stella in a time out mainly because she STAYS in time out until we let her out. I never would have thought that timeouts would have worked so well on a 15-month old. But they do. And to prove it is this picture we took - I had to take Stella out of the bath bc she was throwing a FIT in the tub bc Ellis wouldn't give her the toy she was playing with. So funny. She just sat there and put her face in the towel - but didn't get up. Haha.


No comments: