Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Happy Birthday, Kristy!

I had a great birthday this year. The Saturday before my birthday, my mom and dad took me (and Loni and Ellis) out for the annual birthday breakfast. It was a lot of fun and delicious too! About a month before, my mom took me shopping for my birthday, so she had already given me my presents (Thanks, mom)! Sunday (my actual birthday), we went to church in the morning and then had a nice relaxing morning/afternoon at home. For one of my birthday presents Loni got tix to Teatro Zinzanni, which we went that night. We dropped Ellis off with Gary and Lanae who gave me a wonderful bath robe, a painting Ellis did and a painting Gary did of Ellis. They are wonderful (thanks, Gary and Lanae)! Before the show, we went downtown and walked around the Seattle Center. We went to the ride area at the Seattle center and rode the rollercoaster there. Loni really wanted to ride it, so I humored him and it ended up being fun - but bumpy. Then we ended up at a celebration for Dia de los Muertos (my birthday is also the Day of the Dead) and it was crazy to see all of the celebrations and things that the Mexican culture does for this day. They had dancing, shirts, face painting, candles, etc...it was crazy. I felt like we were still in our apartment complex! Anyways, on to Teatro Zinzanni: it was a great show, good food and even better theater. I have always wanted to go...so score points to Loni for listening to me. It was fun to get out with Loni and spend some time alone with him. Thanks for the great birthday to everyone who made it special!





This is a crazy pumpkin they had outside the theater.

No comments: