Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Conversations with Ellis

So as Ellis starts to talk more and more, I hope to have a lot more of these posts. To start them out, I just wanted to list the things that Ellis says now. She is so freakin cute and as she is learning more and more words she is getting cuter (and sassier). I may have listed some of these in earlier posts, so sorry if I repeat some!

- Ellis (lifting up my empty water bottle): "hereyougo, mommy...it's heavy"
- Ellis (hitting her head on the headboard): "i sorry, daddy, i sorry" (for what???)
- Ellis (walking up to me in the kitchen): "you okay, mommy? you okay?"
- Ellis (wanting to show you something): "c'mere, show me." (at the same time bringing her fingers in a come hither motion. Also, 'show me' is code word for 'candy')
- Ellis (walking out to the car, or outside): "its winny (windy). momma's car....daddy's car...momma's car.....daddy's car. running?"
- Ellis (listening to the radio): "i don like it [the current song playing]" so we change the channel, "i don like it"...change the channel again...."oooh, i like it (and then proceeds to dance)". Her favorite songs right now (that she asks for ALL the time) are: "Bom Bom Bi-dom" and "Shake Shake" [translated: Distrubia by Rhianna and Shake It by Metro Station]
- Ellis (talking into the phone this morning when I called to check on her with my mom): "Hi, Mommy! Hi, Mommy"
Me: "Hi baby...What are you doing?"
Ellis: "Hearts" (referring to the shirt my mom got her)
Me: "did you get a new shir-"
Ellis: "Hi, Mommy...Hi Mommy....Hi Mommy.."
- Ellis (answering 'What is your name'): ELLIS
- Ellis (asking to watch a movie): "mommy...Mermaid...Mermaid. A-rieal"

She says HI to anyone and everything. Loves other little kids. Loves to color and is always asking to color. Rolls her eyes at you and snubs you when you try to get her to eat something she doesn't want to. Loves playing with her Elmo Live doll - she mouths along with Elmo and will give him hugs, tickle him, honk his nose, etc. We bought her some princess "action figures" this weekend and she carrys them with her everywhere. When she wakes up in the middle of the night and walks into our room, you can bet she has her "princesses" in her hands. Still loves her binky. I tell her that she will have to give it up when she turns two, but we will see who wins that arguement. She knows time out very well and will usually shape up when we mention it. She can almost cry on command when she isn't getting her way. She loves to go "running"; for Ellis there is no jogging, it is either meandering or running.

Anyways, she is growing up so fast and in two months from tomorrow she will be 2. Crazy. Loni and I both love her so much!

6 comments:

Kyla Stevens said...

Those things are soooo adorable! I am loving this age very very much. Adrienne seems do be doing a few similar things and she cracks me up a ton.

I wish you were coming to Delaware!

Sara said...

Wow. Time flies! TWO Years? It sounds like she's keeping you guys busy! Have fun with her!

Anonymous said...

Cute!!!!! Yes we do need to get together- figure out when and give me a call- we're super flexible! We need to get our girls together... :)!

Erik & Marcie +3 said...

She is so stinkin' cute. Love the new pic! Those little lips are so adorable. Broolyn LOVES Ellis! We should definitely get together and let them play more!

Park Family said...

Ellis is such an adorable little girl! I can't wait until my daughter & I can have conversations.

Chelsey said...

Very cute - it is so fun when they really start talking (and talking back for that matter)!

No helpful suggestions from me on the potty training. Just decide you are going to do it, stay home for a good week, and don't give up! It totally SUCKS! Have fun, haha!