Saturday, April 11, 2009

Happy Birthday, Ellis!

Ellis,

Today my little baby girl turns two years old. It is hard to believe (and also very cliche to say) that two years have just flown by. You have grown up so much in the last year, its incredible to think about. You now talk non-stop, love non-stop, play non-stop and laugh non-stop. You are one of the funniest little girls I have ever seen; you know how to finagle your way into any situation you want to be in. You bat your eyes to get you whatever you want and you have your daddy wrapped around your little finger. You are such a joy to both mine and your father's life. You are the best daughter and I couldn't imagine anyone else but you to fill my days with laughter and sunshine. I love your little personality - how you can get so angry sometimes yet so joyful at others. I love that you are so much like your father, yet also like your mom as well. You love unconditionally and will give your heart to anyone. You have such a temper sometimes and the crocodile tears you can produce at a moment's notice would put any actress to shame. I love waking up to your face looking at mine and how cute you are in the mornings. I love it when you want to cuddle with me, but also when you want your alone time. I love your love for books and learning. Everthing now-a-days is "what's this, mommy?" and "what's that, mommy?" You love to find out about new and unique things and drive me crazy with all of your questions! You are more and more beautiful everyday both inside and out and I wish you would always remember that you are a Daughter of God. Your dad and I wish the best for you and want you to know we will always love you.

Happy Birthday!

XOXO,
Mom and Dad

Ellis at 2 years

Ellis at 1 year

Ellis as a newborn - 4/11/07 5:07 pm

2 comments:

Kyla Stevens said...

Happy Birthday Ellis! We love you so much. You are a gorgeous and beautiful girl inside and out. I love how smart and funny you are. Hope this is a great year for you!

Sara said...

Two years HAS flown. Happy Birthday Ellis! You are growing into such a Beautiful little girl! And just remember to wait for Lucas. Age is nothing but a number. :)