Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Need some sympathy...

So I know i haven't posted in a while, and I will catch up, but I just needed to post this item because I need some sympathy from my girl friends that read this blog:

Last night we were reading Your Pregnancy Week by Week and I came to the part in the chapter about how much weight I should have gained by now (10-13 lbs). Right after I read that part, Loni turns to me and says, "Well, you have blown past that by now, right?"

I was really dumbfounded that he would basically call me fat to my face. :) I know he didn't mean it the way it sounded, but I just have to gripe to my friends about the insensitivity of men sometimes.

Thanks for listening!

8 comments:

Lauren said...

Ooh, sad! Sometimes men just don't understand. You're beautiful and just the right size!

Kyla Stevens said...

Ouch. Way to blow it Loni. That is the one thing I don't like about those books is that they seem very cookie cutter, everyone is the same and can only do things one way. Where in reality, every pregnancy is different.

Kristy, you are gorgeous. Everytime I see you I wish that I look like you.

Sarah J. said...

Burn the book, punch your husband (in the arm that is!) and then go eat a bowl of ice cream! :)

Kristy Weaver said...

haha - you guys are too funny. :) Sarah - i think i will just punch Loni in the gut and ask him how much weight he has gained and whether he has blown was PAST the avg amount for his age. :) then eat my ice cream! haha!

3 boys and a lady said...

Tell Loni I will kick his butt!! You are hot and everyone knows it!!
You are a tiny prego person!
Men are so dumb.
DeLoy says stuff without thinking too.
I remember the first time I met you..I was so intimidated. You are so beautiful and not only that you are nice too!
Eat ice cream!
I always tell DeLoy that "I have had 2 children, what's your excuse?"

KANDY said...

Tact was never one of Loni's strong suits!! :)
I have a hard time feeling sorry for you however.....
You have never tipped teh scale @ 200+ haha
I have gained 22lbs already....and I got 3 months left~ HELLO?!!
It goes with th territory, and the end does justify the means!!!!
Love you

Park Family said...

Guys obviously don't think before they speak! In both my pregnancies I gained more than I should have and I was eating good foods. Everyone is different.
You are gorgeous so gain the weight and you can lose it later!

Erik & Marcie +3 said...

Send him over, I'll smack him. Lol! They just don't get it sometimes. But I'm sorry, you look great!! And believe me, I gained WAY more than you're "supposed" to, with both babies!!