Friday, October 30, 2009

Ellis' First Haircut *tear*

For those of you who know Ellis, most will say that her hair is one of her best features. From the time it finally started to grow in, it grew perfectly. Loni and I have always been amazed at how pretty her hair falls naturally: it swoops in front, curls in back and just looks like we spend hours doing her hair (most of the time). For this fact, we have always been hesitant to cut her hair. But yesterday we bit the bullet and actually got her hair done by my stylist Angelina. Ellis did pretty good for her first time at the salon: she was super excited while we were going and kept asking where Angelina was, but when it came time to sit in the chair she was a little hesitant. We had to take a moment to let her get familiar with the area, gave her a sucker and then she was all game. Of course I had to keep some of her curls in an envelope to put in her memory book (Loni kept making fun of me for this).

Before the cut - she kept running around asking where Angelina was.
I had to get one last picture of the curls...

As long as she has a sucker, she is happy! (is that bad?)


Angelina and Ellis
Ta-da - the finished version!



In retrospect, I wish we would have gone shorter but she just couldn't sit still enough to make a good short haircut. I am hoping next time, since she is familiar with the process now, we can make it shorter.

5 comments:

Lauren said...

So cute! Her hair looks so adorable.

Sara said...

How fun! She looks all grown up. I guess someone's gotta be the big sister. :) she is adorable. And it looks like there's still some curl!

Erik & Marcie +3 said...

Oh my goodness, so cute!! And it so NOT strange to keep those first hair-cut pieces. I have Brooklyn's and Troy's in their baby books. :)

Kyla Stevens said...

Her hair looks beautiful! It still looks like it will grow in perfectly.

The Wi Family said...

Way cute!!!! I have yet to cut Rachel's hair (besides the bangs) but I've been thinking it's time too. I think both the sucker and saving a few curls are great ideas :)