Monday, December 19, 2011

Holiday Fun!

I saw this on a friend's blog and thought I would join in the fun as well:

1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? Egg nog at the Holidays. I can have hot chocolate any time of year!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? He wraps them in special Santa-only wrapping paper. BUT if he is too tired from delivering presents to all the other kids, he will just sit them under the tree. 

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? I like white lights for our tree and colored lights for the girls tree (whenever we get that put up - we are banking on next year).

4. Do you hang mistletoe? We had a mistletoe ornament which we left up in our apartment all year, but of course we couldn't find it for Christmas time. 

5. When do you put your decorations up?  As soon as I can in november. One year it was right after my birthday (Nov 2) but Loni pooh-poohed that and said never again. I like to do it at least before Thanksgiving.  

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Bacon-wrapped water chestnuts and pumpkin pie. YUM!!!

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? Anxiously trying to catch Santa Clause on Christmas Eve. One year my parents  had some neighbors come tap on our windows and act as elves and I remember we were SO excited about that. 

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I think I was 8 or 9 and I remember I was SO devastated. I remember thinking...so there's no Easter Bunny either? What a blow to my sense of reality. But then again, I did think that cartoon characters were real people as well. Ha-Ha. 

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes. We let the girls open one of their gifts on Christmas eve. But we also celebrate Christmas at my parent's house on Christmas eve and open all the gifts from my family then, so the girls actually get two Christmases. 

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Simple - lights, glass balls and our random ornaments we have accumulated over the years.  

11. Snow! Love it or dread it? LOVE it as long as it doesn't last more than 2 days. 

12. Can you ice skate? Slowly. Don't expect The Cutting Edge from me, but I will venture out from the wall if I do go. 

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Ummmm......I remember I got a Huffy Bike one year for Christmas. I played with it all day Christmas and then left it on the front lawn that night....where it was promptly stolen. So that was my most favorite and most memorable gift. 

14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? Spending time with family, baking and all of those moments to sit and just enjoy life and how wonderful it is. 

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Pumpkin pie, caramel, chocolate, fudge, brownies, cookies....EVERYTHING!

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? I really like watching all of our holiday Christmas movies, going downtown, going to Bellevue Square to do our annual name draw and gift exchange, Christmas eve at my parents, breakfast dinner at my house. Basically any holiday activity we do I look forward to. 

17. What tops your tree? Nothing. We keep talking about getting a star, but I don't want to pay $25 for a star. 

18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving? Giving - I really like trying to find the best gifts for everyone. I always want to give gifts to everyone, but financially we can't do it. So I apologize if anyone is left out. We really need to start focusing on Christmas earlier in the year. 

19. Candy canes: yuck or yum? Love Candy Canes. We usually get the cherry ones, but i had an original peppermint one the other day and really enjoyed it. 

20. Favorite Christmas show? National Lampoons Christmas Vacation, Family Man and Love Actually. 

21. Saddest Christmas song? The Christmas Shoes which is always on the radio!

22. What is your favorite Christmas song? My favorite Christmas CD is the Amy Grant Christmas one. My favorite song from that is Breath of Heaven. L.O.V.E. it! 

Everyone should do this - it is fun! 

Merry Christmas!

No comments: