Monday, May 19, 2008

Caliente!





This weekend here in the PNW was INCREDIBLE! It was at least 85 degrees each day and we made the most of it. We spent every day doing something outside and in the sun. My weekend started on Friday at 12:00 when I took the afternoon off work. It was very nice because Ellis was still at her grandpa's so I was able to go do some things that I wanted to do without having to worry about Ellis. I went tanning, washed my car, went shopping - you know those things you used to do without kids. Anyway, after Loni got off work, we decided to go to the Kirkland Waterfront. Kirkland is my old "stomping" ground from college and I really haven't been back there since so it was nice to be back. Kirkland is a gorgeous area - the city really takes pride in it location and it is always clean and fun. We went to a playground right on the shores of Lake Washington and then met Aaron and Val Eastman at the playground. After the kids (mainly Donnie) were through with the playground we took a LONG walk into downtown Kirkland for dinner. After dinner, we decided to head home and after we dropped off Lanae and Donnie, we decided to drive around as it was just starting to hit dusk and it was so mild and nice. It was a nice night.
The video is of some tricks Ellis has learned how to do. One is Superman and the other is "knock knock". Please don't mind the garbage bag in the background - we were getting ready to leave and that is where we put it when we are ready to take it out. We don't always have garbage bags in the living room. :).

3 comments:

KANDY said...

Hey you....great family photo at the top of your page! Yes the weekend was beautiful!! It was 94 degrees on Saturday, a bit too much for me at this point, but we made it through with several trips to teh park to swim in the lake. Nothing new to report...I go to the doctors Thursday....say a prayer for me. :)

Kyla Stevens said...

too cute! I like her little tricks.

The Smiths said...

I can't believe how big Ellis is!! She is beautiful, and your video of her is adorable. Hope all is well there.