Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Viva La Mexico!



So I know it has been a while since I have posted, but I am going to redeem myself. The last week of June we were lucky enough to go to Mexico with Loni's family. His mom belongs to a timeshare organization and this year she chose to go to Mazatlan as a graduation present to herself (after 6 years of school, Lanae graduated!). So anyway, we headed off on June 21 - our plane left at 5:18 am and we almost missed it because Loni had to pay multiple visits to the bathroom. Anyway, the flight was nice - Ellis was pretty good considering the conditions (coach with three people plus a baby packed in the row). Once we got there we noticed how HOT it was - stifling, muggy, hotness. If you were outside, it was likely you would start sweating, even in the shade. Anyway, the week went by pretty quick. We went to open air markets, swam in the pool, laid out in the sun (my favorite part), rented scooters and basically just made the most of the vacation. The pool was incredible and a lot of fun - in the middle of it there was this island where iguanas lived and they would get in the pool and swim to land and back. They would also let you feed them flowers there. It was crazy to see that in a pool.


Ellis loved the pool and by the end of the week we had her in water wings floating/swimming around the pool by herself. She was so cute and I do have to say, she was the Belle of Mexico. Everywhere we went men, women and children would stop and adore her - touch her face, pat her head, pinch her cheeks anything. One of the most heard phrases of the week was "Muy Bonita". It was really crazy to see I guess since we see towheaded children like her all the time at home. All in all, I think she had a lot of fun.


I would say this was one of the most stressful vacations I have had mainly due to Ellis. We were constantly wondering what she was going to put in her mouth (and she loved to put EVERYTHING in there). She was always scooting on the floor and picking things up off the floor (it didn't matter where we were, she would pick it up and into her mouth it went). Oh yeah, we asked the resort if we could drink the tap water and they advised us not to, so we lived off of bottled water. During the week, I really just wanted to be back home were I could go to the store and get food for Ellis, drink the water out of the tap and just know that my food had passed certain standards. But at the end of the week, I was sad to see it come to an end. It was nice to get back home, but I do feel lucky that we were able to go on vacation. Mazatlan is beautiful, but too warm to live there. Ellis is becoming quite the world traveler - Hawaii and now Mexico. This new child is going to have a lot of catching up to do. :)

2 comments:

Kyla Stevens said...

OMGosh, I am so jealous. Okay not jealous, but that looks like so much fun, what a party. Ellis is gorgeous, so I'm not suprised about the reaction to her.

Kyla Stevens said...

I just looked through all of your slide pics from mexi and you have some really awesome shots in there. any future for you in photography?