Friday, August 14, 2009

Ellis and Jaida

It has been a while since I posted about Ellis, so i wanted to post some pics of what she has been up to lately. She is REALLY into Princesses and Candy, so alot of these will involve those two items.

Chantelle's soon to be sister in law brought her kids over (and a bunch of princess dresses) and Ellis was in HEAVEN! This is her in the mermaid dress:
This is her in the Belle dress. You can tell how excited she is by her hands by her face - that is her excited gesture.
This is her showing me her 'treat'. This is how I reward her for being good - dumdums. She LOVES them.


Ellis and Jaida with Ellis Princess comforter, watching the Little Mermaid. Note the princess nightgowns on both kids....


Jaida with her tutu and Ellis in the *ADORABLE* apron that Sara Miller made just for her as part of the {Lucky You} post from her blog (she also made me a matching one). Ellis loves it and considers it her dress. THANK YOU Sara!

Both girls playing in the pool.

The water was really cold!
Ellis is really growing up lately. She now talks in complete phrases and sentences and even jokes around. The other day we were sitting in the car and she was carrying on a conversation with herself and we heard her say "I'm just kidding" and then crack up. She is so funny. She is constantly asking for a treat and will throw a fit if she can't have one right then. She loves to jump on the "Jump-o-line" and she says she "jumps hard" when she is out there. She still loves to run, especially running "fast or hard" as she calls it.
She is also very bossy now and takes on the role of mother hen, constantly telling people to "stop doing that" or "come here" or "this is MINE". One of my favorites is when she tells people to "leave her alone", as she told me yesterday. If you tell her something she doesn't want to hear (like that it's bedtime) she will say "Don't tell me that Mommy" or "No tell me that Mommy". Contrasting all of the meaness in her, she is incredibly sweet and kind, giving kisses to Lorelie and Malia and telling Loni and I "I love you, Mommy" or "I love you Daddy". She loves to snuggle and would come in our bed every night and take it over if we let her. She is a doll and gets more and more beautiful everyday, though I will be glad when the 2's and 3's are over!







3 comments:

Sara said...

Ella is adorable! I'm so glad the apron fits. I'm sure wearing the apron as a dress creates a fabulous rear view!

Erik & Marcie +3 said...

She is so dang cute. Love that she's so into princesses. And Love the apron!

Kyla Stevens said...

I am missing you guys today! ellis is so cute. And that apron, I want one.

I saw it on her and thought, that is the cutest dress, and the fact that Ellis wears it as an apron is adorable.