Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The Perfect Pumpkin Patch Day!

Last Saturday was the annual Opfar-family mecca to Maris Farm's pumpkin patch. We go every year and my entire family makes it a priority to attend. I really look forward to it as it kicks off the start of all the holidays! Thanks to my mom's prayers, we were able to have a beautiful, sunny, warm-ish fall day for the patch. No mud for me! The girls had a blast and the adults had fun just making conversation and visiting with each other (well, I did at least). I actually feel bad for all of the rest of my family bc it is mainly the Ellis/Stella show and they all just stand around waiting for the girls to finish this and then finish that and then walk to this thing and watch some more. Sorry guys - give them some cousins and it will be more enjoyable for you too! ;) haha.



My parents with the girls

My older brother, James

The girls getting their height measured. They are not very good at it yet. haha.

Stella geting her face painted - she actually did quite well.

The results - a SPIDER! (which ended up being wiped off after 1/2 hour because she kept smearing it all over herself and my clothes)

Standing in front of the slides which they had in the playground area.

Ellis' turn!

What is that you ask? Why, a candy corn. (Yes - they were amateur face painters)

She loved t his slide

The Fam-Damily. (L-R) Mom, Whitney, Tyler, James, Karleene, Reggie, Dad

Super cute pic of them playing on the spider web

Riding the cow train. Stella was a little nervous, but since Ellis was there she made it through just fine.

My bro, James and his wife, Karleene

My bro, Tyler and his wife, Whitney. Along with some creepy guy who shaves his hairline.

All of the original Opfar kids - (L-R) Tyler, James, Reggie, Moi!

Yes - there was even pony rides! Ellis rode all by herself and Stella did fantastic as well. She kept petting the pony and saying, 'Pony, Pony'


The jump pillow. Ellis almost didn't get to go on this and you would have thought the world ended. But Grandma Opfar came to the rescue and Ellis fake tears soon dried up.  

A carnivore at his finest. Yes my friends - that is an actual fried turkey leg. (it was actually pretty tasty).

Getting their grub on. Combination of funnel cakes, corn dogs and fries. Can't you just feel your arteries clogging?


It wouldn't be complete with out a hay ride.

Hay ride - Ellis loved it.

Typical pumpkin patch picture.

The entire family.

A great end to a great day!

Thanks Mom and Dad for making this an annual thing for us all!



2 comments:

Whitney said...

I love the picture of us on the hay ride. hahaha, what are Tyler and I looking at to illicit those faces?

Tom said...

Regi!!!!