Monday, October 03, 2011

General Conference and Halloween Cookies

This weekend was our church's bi-annual conference session where we get to hear talks from the leaders of the church. What an uplifting and spiritual meeting it was - this was really the first year I have gotten to watch all four sessions and really listen. I am grateful for the leaders and their inspired messages. And I am grateful for technology which allows us to watch from the comfort of our own homes. My favorite talks were President Uckdorfs (sp?) and the lady who talked about fathers' roles in their daughters lives. What was your favorite talk?

After it was over, we went down and frosted some Halloween cookies which we had baked during the morning and afternoon session breaks. The kids had a lot of fun with decorating the cookies, but I am pretty sure their favorite part was taking spoonfuls of frosting to the face! I am so excited to start celebrating the seasons!

No comments: