Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Conversations with Ellis

Last night Ellis had the hardest time going to sleep so for part of the night, I laid down with her. While I was laying with her she did the cutest things:
- Anytime I would lift my head up, she would grab my cheek and push my head back to the pillow and say "lay your head down, mommy"
- She would reach over periodically and check to see if my eyes were closed by touching my eyelashes and making sure the bottom and top lashes were touching eachother.
- Anytime you lay with Ellis, she lays right next to you, facing you. We were like this last night with my arm over her body. Any time i would move my arm, she would bring it back so I was cuddling with her.
- We had lots of mini conversations, but this was my favorite:
E: Belle likes the Beast
Me: Do you like the Beast?
E: No, he is scary.
Me: Who do you like? Eric?
E: No, I like Belle.....and Mermaid. I like Mermaid.
(pause)
E (turning to face me again and grabbing my face with her hands, and looking me in the eyes): But I love you, Mommy!

Made my heart melt! She is such a doll and moments like that make the difficult two's worth it. I love her so much!

1 comment:

The Wi Family said...

So cute!!! Sounds like when I lay with Rachel-I love hearing all the things they have to say at that age.