Wednesday, September 21, 2011

201 Post! Time to Celebrate!

Wa-Hoo! This post signifies my 201st post on this blog. While that may not seem like many to some of you other avid, regular bloggers, this is a big feat for me! To celebrate, I will make my fabulous Oatmeal Raisin cookies (found here) and send them to the first three people who leave a comment on my blog with a crafty idea to do with kids for the Holidays. (yes - I am gearing up for the holidays right now). :) I am celebrating today!

Happy Blogging!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Definitely worth celebrating!

I saw a cute idea to make Christmas ornaments. You let the kids cut pictures they like from old christmas cards, then you hot glue them to old lids of canning jars (the flat part, without the ring). Hot glue a ribbon on the back, then some felt over the back (and the ribbon) to cover it up. You can finish off the look with lace around the edge, glitter, or what is exciting to the kids!

Whitney said...

You can make homemade holiday cards by finding fun fabric scraps that have pictures. You cut out the picture and then sew the picture to cardstock (folded like a card) with bright thread. You can even sew the message into the card instead of writing it. Then the envelope is made of paper with a wide ribbon across the folded over part and a button glued on :) I hope that is crafty enough.

Sarah J. said...

Happy Celebrating!!! Have the girls make their own Christmas ornaments using plain Christmas balls (any color), dip their hands in white paint and have the palm of their hand on the underneath part of the ornament. Each finger will then make a snowman that can be painted with face, hat, etc. They are SUPER cute and fun to see how their hand size changes over the years.