Sunday, February 10, 2008

Yes, We are Still Alive!

So, I know it has been a WHILE since I have posted, but I wanted to let the three people that look at our blog that we are still alive and here are some updates from the past couple months:
1. Christmas was great...we had fun at both of the grandparents houses and Ellis had fun with the wrapping paper. Next year will be great when she (hopefully) starts to understand what Christmas is about.
2. I started a new job at SAI Communications at the beginning of January. So far it has been a lot of fun and I am really enjoying it. They are on the network side of the wireless industry.
3. Ellis is growing like a weed. We measured her up to her cousin Jaida (who is four months older) and they measure just about the same height, but Ellis is chubbier. They are both so cute together, I just wish they could spend more time together.
4. During the month of January she started saying Uh-Oh, Da-da and La-La. She makes plenty of other noises as well, but those are the ones she really will say to you. She gives kisses and loves cell phones, remote controls and anything electronic. She also waves HI and LOVES her dollies. I will ask her "where are your dollies" and she will crawl over to one and give it a kiss. She is incredibly smart!
5. About a week ago - ELLIS STARTED WALKING!!! She was very cautious at first, but now she will walk all across the room and follow you. We have video of it, so when i get it uploaded, I will add it on the blog. She is SO cute...tomorrow she will be 10 months old.
6. About a week and a half ago, my grandma Opfar died so I took a quick trip to Utah. It was good to see that side of the family again, but sad to see her go, though she probably had a great reunion with her husband in the afterlife. I felt the trip really brought my dad and I closer.
7.Loni and I are doing well. It has been 3 1/2 years and we are still going strong. He is a great man and I enjoy him not only as my husband but also as my best friend. I love him very much.
8. We are going to Mexico in June. Loni's mom owns a time share and has been gracious enough to invite us (yes we are bringing Ellis and yes, we got her passport and it is ADORABLE)! I am so excited though I really need to get in shape for it (this baby weight is just not going away, darn it!).

That about sums up our life right now. I will post more in the next couple days with pics and videos, etc and anything new I might have forgotten in this post.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea finally- I kept thinking that I needed to call you guys- I still do- but I'm glad you are still alive. I can't believe she is walking!!! Yea- well maybe- the good part is that you don't have to carry her everywhere. Ella is like breaking my arm. We need to get together!

Lauren said...

Thanks for the update. I've been checking your blog almost every day wishing for some news. :) Congrats on Ellis' walking. That's so exciting. Your life will never be the same again!

Kyla Stevens said...

Oh my gosh, you are back. I had almost, almost given up hope! As with Lauren, I check your blog daily hoping to see how you guys are doing. That is so awesome that Ellis is walking. We need to get together again so Ellis can teach Adrienne.
I really like your background.

iBcHiRo said...

Hey! I can't believe she is walking at 10 months! Austen is just learning to crawl, and he is just starting to wave bye...it is so cute. Anything going on this weekend? We should get together. By the way, I tagged you...check out my profile! Love you guys!

Kyla Stevens said...

hey I tagged you! its on my blog. You a are popular person to tag I see. how funny.