Friday, April 18, 2008

Ellis' Birthday - 2

So on April 11 (which was Ellis' actual birthday) it was a pretty quiet day. My mom and I had planned to take Ellis out to breakfast (it is a tradition to take whoever's birthday it is out to breakfast) but my mom was taking too long coming over and Ellis really needed to take her morning nap, so we ended up not going to breakfast. Instead my mom came over for a bit and gave Ellis a card, balloons and a gift. Ellis really liked the present (it was rings that hook together) and was a little scared of the balloons at first, but then Loni taught her how to hit the balloons and she loved that. She loves hitting and slapping. She will slap you in the face and laugh like it is the funniest thing in the world. Thanks goodness she is not strong yet. :)

After that excitement was over, Ellis went down for her nap and my mom and I went to Sams Club to shop for food for the party. That was pretty much all of the excitement for that day. Loni and I both took the day off (Loni was actually sick) so it was nice to spend it with Ellis. Everything was very low key - I think we ended up just doing last minute preparations for the party. I know she will not remember her first birthday but I think it was fun for her to just spend time with us at home. We both love her so much and love spending time with her. Here are pics of her opening presents, etc on her birthday with my mom.










No comments: