Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Little Joys


I was just talking to my dad today (over IM during work - I know am bad :)) and we were talking about Ellis and how bright and curious she is and I was just overwhelmed with the love I have for her. Last night she saw a picture of a baby and she walked over to it, pointed with her little tiny finger and said "Ba-by" in her little tiny voice. I was so proud of her at that moment because that has been the first correlation of object and word - not just mindless babble that she has been doing. She turned to me with her beautiful blue eyes and was so happy with herself too - she just kept saying it over and over again. And I have to tell you that she has begun saying mommy and mama now - I can't describe the happiness I feel when she says that to me. I have waited so long for her to get tired of "dada" and start saying "mama". I am just so grateful that I have been blessed with such a great family. Loni is an incredible father and husband - he makes me laugh everyday and I love him for everything he does and is for this family. Ellis is everything I could have hoped for and more in a child - she is blossoming everyday. I really don't feel that she is a baby any more - all she wants to do is get down and run everywhere. One of her favorite activities at home is just running from one room to the other. She also loves bathtime: last night after she had got done with HER bath, Loni took one and she just went and stood by the tub and kept trying to climb in. It was so funny. She also loves to go under the covers when we have her in bed with us. She will try to put the covers on her head by herself. It is one of the funniest things to watch. Anyway, I just wanted to blog about my love for my family and how I couldn't imagine my life without either of them in it. Here are the joys of my life:


3 comments:

Kyla Stevens said...

Isnt that amazing. How much love you can feel for such a little person you've only known for a year. Incredible. Ellis is such a doll.

3 boys and a lady said...

she is so incredibly beautiful, seriously I would be worried!

KANDY said...

Aaawwwww!!! You are such a Sap! J/K!! I love you guys. :) Great Testimony of Love